DR. PECK HOUSE
The present structure was constructed in 1837 utilizing early 18th century walls
(These walls are the remains of a house awne4-end occupied by the Royal Spanish
Treasurer during the latter part of the First Spanish Period.
During the British period it served for a time as the home of Governor John
Moultrie. In the early 19th century the house fell into ruins and was eventually pur-
chased by Dr. Seth S. Peck in 1837. He utilized the existing walls for the ground floor
and added a frame second story. It remained in the family until 1931 =oe it was willed
to the city. A generous grant from the Flagler Foundation permitted extensive restoration
And- 't-W in 1968.