Dr. peck House
143 St. George Street
present structure constructed in 1837 on early 18th
century foundations and walls. Site was the home of
the Spanish Royal Treasurer during the latter part of
the first Spanish period.
Acquired by Royal Treasurer between 1743-1763.
Repairs and restoration undertaken in 1968 through a
grant from the Flagler Foundation.
Furnished in antiques of the anti-bellum period.
Known as "Old Spanish Treasury"; willed to the city
of St. Ahgustine in 1931.
Historic house is an excellent example of a preserved
second quarter 19th century home of a wealthy resident.
Operated by Woman's Exchange and shown daily 9 5,
small admission charge.