Group Title: Historic St. Augustine: Block 10 – Lot 1
Title: [Letter from Catherine Masters re: maps]
ALL VOLUMES CITATION MAP IT! PAGE IMAGE ZOOMABLE
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00094115/00042
 Material Information
Title: Letter from Catherine Masters re: maps
Series Title: Historic St. Augustine: Block 10 – Lot 1
Physical Description: Correspondence
Language: English
Copyright Date: Public Domain
Physical Location:
Box: 4
Divider: B10 L1 - Dr. Peck History
Folder: Block 10 Charlotte St.
 Subjects
Subject: Saint Augustine (Fla.)
143 Saint George Street (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Dr. Peck House (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Peña-Peck House (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Spatial Coverage: North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Saint Johns -- Saint Augustine -- 143 Saint George Street
Coordinates: 29.893507 x -81.312774
 Record Information
Bibliographic ID: UF00094115
Volume ID: VID00042
Source Institution: University of Florida
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
Resource Identifier: B10-L1

Full Text














.. ;odriguez de Leon-Sanchez, coquina house and lot on
Je'-re St,, Ihich is west boundary; Juana Perpal S; lane
..::~: hae :arina N; lots of the purchaser and of Jose P. De
I:u-3, E, :.oasures u.S, *5 yards; E.W, 43."

in Escrituras 1803-04, County Judge's office? St. Augustine,
St, John's county page 522. Confirmation of Title by Ooy,
vhite to Don Francisco Xavier Sanchez.
Deearibed as follows: Lot 89-Block 10,

"Gove. White to Don Francisco Xavier Sanches, house and lot 09,
block 10 by deed from Don Domingo Rodriquez de Leon, 8nd
November this year, House and lot measures N.S 55 varas, side
E.W, 43 varas, bounded on fro4t which is west by St. George Ste,
East lot of agriciado, South by house of the king that is used
as a school,"

Froi: the foregoing, it can be readily determined that this house
ws at one tire used as a Sp. nish Treasury, In the opinion of
the writer it is not the original treasury building, but it is
the only building standing today which was used for this purpose,
Authority for this opinion is the map of Mariano de la Rooque of
1788, which described lot E. 14Z-block 18 as follows;

"Stone house in 0;ood state-the king's. Serves
as a cou.ntii house and treasury."


ANTHORITY

The maps referred to are photostats of the originals, and are
to be found in the WIebb Memorial Library of St. Augustine Fla.






(Mrs) Catherine Mast ra
Local Supervisor
Federal Writers' Projects
American Guide


~




University of Florida Home Page
© 2004 - 2010 University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
All rights reserved.

Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement
Last updated October 10, 2010 - - mvs