DR. PECK HOUSE
Text for Historic Site Marker
The stone walls of this building date from before 1750 and were part of a
house occupied by the Royal Treasurer late in the First Spanish Period.
During the British Period it served for a time as the home of Governor
In 1837 Dr. Seth S. Peck purchased the house and rebuilt it, using the old
walls and adding the frame second story. It remained in the Peck family
until willed to the City in 1931, A generous grant from the Flagler
Foundation permitted extensive restoration in 1968.