ST. AUGUSTINE HISTORICAL RESTORATION AND PRESERVATION COMMISSION
P. 0. Box 484 46 St. George St.
ST. AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA
HISTORICAL RESEARCH, Block 9, Lot 6
1. 1764 Puente Map
#156 Casas de piedra y ripio de Dn. Juan de Salas 34 1/2 x h1 E. varas.
2. 1764 Puente's sale of houses, June hth to 23rd July.
Sold to Diego (James) Henderson
3 The house of Don Juan de Sales 1200 pesos.
3. 1785 Escrituras, July 16, 178k
26 February 1787
P. 112 Sale. Jan. 19. John McKenzie and Thomas Tunno, for William McLeod
and John Bethune sold to Francisco Sanchez houses on Charlotte Street
bounded E by said street, S. by Treasury St. (Howard certifies that in
1772 King granted to Jacob (James?) Penman lot and buildings known as
No. 9 Grenville Block. Penman deeded to John Bethune and William MacLeod
(date not given); in this document lot is described as bounded as above,
and N. by John Hewitt, W. by Richard Williams.
4. Inherited y Joseph Concepci6n and Carmen Sanchez (Source: Alvarez, 309, p. 160,
5. 1788 Rocque Map
#107 House of Masonry and flat roof, in fair condition, owned by Don
Francisco Sanehez; with deed and land that it cites.
#108 Two-story frame house, in fair condition, same in all as the above.
6. 1790 Quesada's List
Square 9, No. 75. House of rubble-work masonry and wood with lot of
Francisco Sanchez with deed.
7. 1800 Tax list Square 9 No. 75. House of coquina and wood of Dn. Francisco
Sanchez with deed.
8. 1834, Clements Survey, Block 9, lot 8.
Manuel Aguiar (Present claimant)
Francis H. Sanchez (Original claimant)
9. 1905, Jan. 1st, Charles D. Manucy and Robert Rauson Official Map of St. Augustine.
Block 9, lot 6: Miss Lizzie Smith: Dwelling.