Off CAMPUS LIf
For more information on city events, please see the following websites:
www.gainesville.com http://www. vlculturalaffairs.org/website/calendi
Stress Management Tips
Here are some tips for managing your stress levels
throughout finals and the end of the semester:
* Be sure to get lots of sleep and stay hydrated. Dehydra-
tion can actually increase fatigue, so drink lots of fluids!
* Call SHCC at (352) 392-3261 to schedule a massage ther-
apy appointment. Get a high-quality, relaxing massage at a
very affordable price!
* Take study breaks! Go grab some coffee with your room-
mate or go work out!
Visit the Student Health Care Center website
http://www.shcc.ufl.edu for more stress-management
tips and information.
Still looking for a place to live next fall?
Check out a FREE service provided by the Office
of Off-Campus life the Off-Campus Housing Lo-
Search for an apartment to rent, sublease, room-
mate and much more.
Need to sublease your apartment, post your sublease info on
the Off-Campus Housing Locator:
Before you post...
1. Ask landlord/apartment complex management if it is
ok to sublease.
2. Find out what the required procedures are.
3. Make sure whoever you sublease with signs a sub-
lease agreement with the apartment complex or land-
lord....or get an agreement in writing.
April 2008 dt _
Volume 1, Issue 6
I IDean of Students Office
UNIVERSITY of FLORA ICK2rTut iw
Tip of the Month: Cutting Costs on Utility Bills
A/C Bills...Don't Sweat It!
Now that summer is approaching, you'll probably be using your A/C
more often. Here are tips for keeping your energy bill down:
* Keep your AC thermostat set at 780F or higher in the summer.
* Replace old and dirty air filters.
* Report any problems with your A/C unit to your landlord or apartment
complex management right away.
* If you leave for vacation, don't leave your AC on.
Visit the GRU website for more tips on reducing your electric costs
Leaving for the Summer? Secure Your
Apartment, House or Condo!
Living in the same place next fall but you are leaving your
apartment for the summer, it's important to keep your
belongings secure! Here are a few tips:
Double check that all doors and windows are securely locked
Move valuables out of sight
Put all blinds down and close curtains
Activate your alarm system before leaving
Great Gator Neighbors
There are a lot of students that are citizens of the Gainesville community
who are good Gator neighbors. Our Great Gator Neighbor program
will highlight a different student each month to showcase the involve-
ment, achievement, and service of those students living in Gainesville.
Check out the Great Gator Neighbor nomination forms: