dLOC Executive Board
September 16, 2008
1. dLOC update from Brooke
2. Toolkit submission process: Is the FTP working or should we consider
Hard Drives, CDs or DVD?
3. Collection Development plans for Oct. 1, 2008-September 30, 2009
4. Input for next dLOC grant (October 1, 2009 -- )
5. New partners (review/approval of new members and recommendations
for new partners)
a. Belize National Library
Among the highlights of the 40,000 materials at the National Heritage Library
1. The diverse range of formats and genres of Belize-specific items ranging
from local bookmarks, maps, site plans and posters to research level
monographs, serials and private industry annual reports.
2. Past and current national and local newspapers including Amandala,
Reporter and Belize Billboard.
3. Regional (Caribbean and Latin American materials that include English
and Spanish language book s and serials across topics
4. A budding selection of digitized books (82)
5. Over 1500 video recordings of local news and documentaries
Publications available from the Wider Caribbean Sea Turtle Conservation
Network (WIDECAST) pertaining to the research, conservation, management
and policy of the region's marine turtles.
These include the WIDECAST Technical Report Series (ISSN 1930-3025),
WIDECAST Sea Turtle Recovery Action Plans (UNEP CEP Technical Report
Series), and other publications
c. FIU College of Law Library
FIU College of Law Library will contribute to dLOC mainly XIX and early XX
century Cuban codes, laws and regulations from the Mario Diaz Cruz collection,
as well as early XX century civil codes from Haiti, the Dominican Republic and
other Caribbean countries.
d. Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madrey Maestra, Dominican Republic
1. Documents of the War of April 1965
2. Historical Document Archive of InchAustegui Cabral
3. InchAustegui Collection
4. Herrera Collection
5. Herbarium Rafael M. Moscoso
6. University Documents and Publications