Law Enforcement Office
16000 Chamberlin Parkway
Ft. Myers, FL 33913
Phone: 239/561 8144
Fax: 239/561 8146
Whom to Contact: Special Agent.
Assistance may also be obtained from
the District Office located in Clermont,
FL. Contact the Senior Agent-in-
Phone: 352/394 4060
Fax: 352/394 1862
Geographic Area Served
Primarily Western Coast of Florida.
One Special Agent.
* Activities related to fish and
wildlife resources by U.S. citizens
generate over $100 billion/year to
the American economy.
* The black-market trade of fish
and wildlife resources is
international in scope, with
values estimated to be in the
billions of dollars.
* The U.S. Fish and Wildlife
Service employs about 220
Special Agents and 100 Wildlife
Inspectors nationwide to enforce
U.S. conservation laws.
* To inform citizens of federal laws
and regulations relating to the
protection of fish, wildlife and
* Enforce federal conservation
statutes, protect domestic and
foreign wildlife species that enter
into interstate and international
* Uncover major commercial
activity involving illegal trade of
protected wildlife and wildlife
* Enhance legitimate use and
enjoyment of all our wildlife
* Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
* Bald & Golden Eagle Protection
* Migratory Bird Hunting and
Conservation Stamp Act.
* National Wildlife Refuge System
* Airborne Hunting Act.
* Endangered Species Act.
* Lacey Act.
* Marine Mammal Protection Act.
* Archaeological Resource
* African Elephant Conservation
* Wild Exotic Bird Conservation
* Antarctic Conservation Act.
* Conservation Recreation Act.
(The statutes are found in Title 16
United States Code and the
regulations promulgated thereunder
in Title 50 Code of Federal
Criminal Investigations Program
* Special Agents investigate a wide
range of wildlife-related crime
including !!! ii li i -.
* Unlawful trade in national and
global wildlife resources.
* Illegal interstate and
international transportation of
fish, wildlife, or plants (including
fish or wildlife injurious to
* Instances of harm to or the
killing of' ,i:ng. n 11' -i ri iI ,, ii.
species and mortality due to
* Additionally, agents provide
support for protection of national
wildlife refuge resources and
enforce migratory game bird