Law Enforcement Supervisory Office
1244 Commons Court
Clermont, FL 34711
Phone: 352/394 4060
Fax: 352/394 1862
Assistance may also be obtained from
the Regional Office located in
Atlanta, GA. Contact the Special
Phone: 404/679 7057
Fax: 404/679 7065
'.'. Geographic Area Served
Supervisory to Central and
S Northern Florida.
* Staffing Levels
One Resident Agent-in-Charge.
* One Office Assistant.
* Activities related to fish and
wildlife resources by U.S. citizens
generate over $100 billion/year to
the American economy.
* The black-market trade of fish
and wildlife resources is
international in scope, with
values estimated to be in the
billions of dollars.
* The U.S. Fish and Wildlife
Service employs about 220
Special Agents and 100 Wildlife
Inspectors nationwide to enforce
U.S. conservation laws.
* To inform citizens of Federal laws
and regulations relating to the
protection of fish, wildlife and
* Enforce Federal conservation
statutes, protect domestic and
foreign wildlife species that enter
into interstate and international
* Uncover major commercial
activity involving illegal trade of
protected wildlife and wildlife
* Enhance legitimate use and
enjoyment of all our wildlife
* Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
* Bald & Golden Eagle Protection
* Migratory Bird Hunting and
Conservation Stamp Act.
* National Wildlife Refuge System
* Airborne Hunting Act.
* Endangered Species Act.
* Lacey Act.
* Marine Mammal Protection Act.
* Archaeological Resource
* African Elephant
* Wild Exotic Bird
* Antarctic Conservation Act.
* Conservation Recreation Act.
(The statutes are found in Title 16
United States Code and the regulations
promulgated thereunder in Title 50
Code of Federal Regulations.)
Criminal Investigations Program
* Special Agents investigate a wide
range of wildlife-related crime
including !!! ii i. li ; -.
* Unlawful trade in national and
global wildlife resources.
* Illegal interstate and
international transportation of
fish, wildlife, or plants (including
fish or wildlife injurious to
* Instances of harm to or the
killing of' r :ug, :' 1 r. i l i,. i
species and mortality due to
* Additionally, agents provide
support for protection of national
wildlife refuge resources and
enforce migratory game bird