<%BANNER%>

UF



Faculty Senate Steering Committee meeting minutes
ALL ISSUES CITATION SEARCH THUMBNAILS PDF VIEWER PAGE IMAGE ZOOMABLE
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00091701/00001
 Material Information
Title: Faculty Senate Steering Committee meeting minutes
Physical Description: Newspaper
Language: English
Creator: Faculty Senate Steering Committee, University of Florida
Publisher: Faculty Senate Steering Committee, University of Florida
Place of Publication: Gainesville, Fla.
Creation Date: July 27, 2004
 Subjects
Genre: newspaper   ( sobekcm )
 Record Information
Source Institution: University of Florida
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
System ID: UF00091701:00001

Downloads

This item has the following downloads:

20040727steeringminutes ( PDF )


Full Text


Faculty Senate Steering Committee
Meeting July 27, 2004


07/27/2004
Faculty Senate 11:45 AM

Steering Committee 226 Tigert Hall
Attendees: Absent:
David Colburn Tony Brennan, Past-Chair
Bob Cousins Kim Emery
Gene Hemp
Saeed Khan
Pradeep Kumar
Pierre Ramond, Chair
Kim Tanzer, Chair-Elect
Barbara Wingo
Jim Cusick
Cal Dolce
Joan Frosch
Wendy Graham
Mike Katovich



Agenda

Call to Order Pierre Ramond
Approval of June 22, 2004 minutes Pierre Ramond
Update on Councils Pierre Ramond
Sustainability Committee Kim Tanzer
Water Institute Proposal Wendy Graham
Procedural Questions Tony Brennan
Adjourn

Additional Information




Detailed Agenda

Approval of June 22, 2004 minutes Pierre Ramond

DISCUSSION:




CONCLUSIONS: Minutes of the June 22, 2004 meeting were approved.

ACTION ITEMS: Person responsible: Deadline:







Faculty Senate Steering Committee
Meeting July 27, 2004


Update on Councils


Pierre Ramond


DISCUSSION: Pierre Ramond provided an update on the Senate councils. All councils have met and are in the process of
designing their charges. Each council, except one (due to the size of the Council), has elected its chair. The other will do
so as soon as all its members are able to meet. He urged the Council Chairs to meet to determine areas of mutual
jurisdiction, and invite Chairs of other Committees as they see fit.


CONCLUSIONS:


ACTION ITEMS: Council chairs will meet with President Machen in late Person responsible:
August. Date still to be determined.


Sustainability Committee


Kim Tanzer


DISCUSSION: Kim Tanzer discussed the ad hoc joint committee on sustainability that is being formed. She distributed a
draft outlining the mission, membership, term, staff, outreach, procedures and reporting for the group. She also provided a
list of proposed members of the committee. A brief discussion regarding adding a member from the community followed.


CONCLUSIONS: Pierre Ramond suggested that the committee make any decisions concerning the addition of members
from the community or elsewhere. The committee is expected to be active by the end of August. Suggestions for
additional members were put forward.


ACTION ITEMS: Committee will be charged by President Machen and P. Person responsible:
Ramond by the end of August. Date to be determined.


Deadline:


Water Institute Proposal


Wendy Graham


DISCUSSION: Wendy Graham provided background on the proposed water institute. This effort has been under way for
ten years. UF hopes to be one of the first five centers established in the U. S. Discussions on funding are currently taking
place with the administration and others. Participants expect to increase external funding opportunities once the Institute is
formed. (NSF...)


CONCLUSIONS: Pierre Ramond asked Dr. Graham to provide a synopsis of the organizational structure and scientific
rationale to ensure that this faculty-initiated proposal remains faculty-driven.


ACTION ITEMS: Dr. Graham will address the Senate at its September 16
meeting. Her report will include information on the organizational
structure, and scientific rationale.


Person responsible:


Deadline:







Faculty Senate Steering Committee 3
Meeting July 27, 2004


Procedural Questions Tony Brennan

DISCUSSION: Tony Brennan was unable to attend. There was no discussion.


CONCLUSIONS:


ACTION ITEMS: Person responsible: Deadline:



Adjourn

DISCUSSION:




CONCLUSIONS:


ACTION ITEMS: Person responsible: Deadline:

Adjourn at 1:17 p.m.

Additional Information

Upcoming meetings for Steering Committee Meeting
* A presentation by Provost on Dean Evaluation procedures.
* A presentation by Provost on Budget process.
Next meeting will be September 2, 3:00 P.M. in 226 Tigert Hall.