MUSEUM OF SAN AGUSTIN ANTIGUO
To: Susan Date: Feb. 1, 1985
Re: Museum shop physical requirements
In answer to your questions:
1. The counter/desk that's in Ribera House would make a nice check-out counter
Do you have other plans for it? No. Legs could be cut off to reduce heighth.
2. Is there shelving or other display furniture left over from the Benet store
or other building? No. Was given to Boles to use.
3. How much steel shelving do we have for the inventory storage? Lots.
4. What kind of A/C do you recommend for the main store building? Air to air
central heat pump.
5. Shouldn't we also A/C the storage building? Yes, Window unit. (and sheet-rock.
High efficiency. Needs to be insulated),
6. Can the security system for all three buildings be tied into the deMesa House?
No. Would require a separate system.
7. If Kjetil is to build the furniture for the store, what information do you
need? I liked your idea of birch (?) plywood, lighted cases with locks and
storage in the back. Dimensions, number of units, finish color.
8. Entry and Exit doors should have automatic closures to prevent thermal loss.
Also weather stripping.
9. Windows should be glazed in storage building and kitchen building.
With single hung sash.
10. For the present, I would like to try keeping the candle production in the
kitchen building. When we can get volunteers, they can be producing the
candles and boxing them in the kitchen. That's also a good place for furniture
and larger sale items. O.K. with me.
11. The entry from the back shouldAthe only museum exit. The picket fence should
be secured so that customers have to exit through the shop.
_Als.Qequires a wheelchair ramp and extension of paved walk from DeMesa.
Paved walks from street.