DAILY GUIDES' PROCEDURE FOR
THE DE MESA-SANCHEZ HOUSE
(1) Pick up the key at the ticket booth.
(2) Unlock the building. The alarm system will be turned off in the morning
and on in the evening by the VSS or another staff member, but security for
the building during operating hours will be the guide's responsibility.
(3) Open shutters. Please keep the windows themselves closed.
(4) Hang out the sign indicating tours on the hour and half-hour.
(5) Check to make sure the furnishings are all in order. Report any missing
items to the Curator.
(1) Bring in the sign; close and latch all shutters, windows and doors.
(2) Lock the front door and return the key to the Ticket Booth.
A FEW REMINDERS
(1) A little housekeeping as necessary would be very helpful and appreciated.
Sweeping floors or dusting furniture (carefully, please) takes only a
couple of minutes and keeps the house in the best appearance for our
(2) Remember to keep the front door locked while you are giving a tour or taking
(3) You may eat in your lounge/office, Room 208, but no eating elsewhere or
smoking anywhere in the building.
(4) Please do not adjust the heating/air conditioning.
(5) Remember, visitors cannot touch any of the furnishings. These are, for the
most part, the real antique.
(6) Try to be at the front door for tours promptly, on the hour and half-hour.
Keep it open for 3-5 minutes to let in any stragglers before you begin the
(7) In case of emergency, see Susan, Eloise or whoever is in the Ticket Booth.