THE 6ITE OF THE MINORCAN CHAPEL
West 100 feet of Lot 5, Block 7
at. Augustine, Florida
Owned by Colonial st. Augustine, Inc.
1764 Juan Jose Elil4o de la Puente Map shows house owned by
Antonia de Avyro
1765 Moncridf Map shows house owned by Mr. Kipp but have
found no documents to support this claim
1784 sometime during this period it became a private oratory for
the Catholic Minorcans"
1784 Antonio Fernandez claimed it for Antonia de Avero's children.
1788 Mariano de la hocque Map of April 16, 1788 shows house in the
custody of Antonio Fernandez
1788 Antonia de Avero's daughter gave permission to bugenia de Hita y,
alazar to occupy the house t
1790 Governor 4uesada's appraisal shows the house and lot as owned b'y
the King and occupied by tugenia de Aita y -alazar
1791 April 8, 1791, houses and lots of the King sold at Public @
auction. This house purchased by Homualdo Micklaizuveich
1791 Tadeo d e Arribas is empowered to claim the house
1793 kugeni-a de AIta y Salazar rates the house bQszwc, Qka WA AWLd
1794 Don ines ^de O1ba desires to purchase but not satisfied with
sale price asks for new appraisal and auction.
1795 Victoriana Guillen requests reviewal of claim
1 nuel e as la oa 'granddaughter of Antonia de
Avero is empowered to claim
1802 June 2, 1802 house is released to Castilla for heirs of
Antonia de Avero
1804 Mlanuel de Castilla sells to Blas Crespo "the lot and walls"
18#$ Castilla and the heirs re-acquired this site
1815 Qastilla sells a "coquina house" to Josefa Montes de Uca with
37 additional varas beside the 15 varas he had acquired from
the Government. Claims the extra 37 had been bought from
Francisco uuiz del Canto Iometime between 1802-1815]
1816 Josefa Montes de Oca sells to Isabel todriguez de Aomero
1837 Homero's heirs sold to Juan Carreras