THE SITE OF THE MINORCAN CHAPEL
39 St. George Street
West 100 feet of Lot 5, Block 7
St. Augustine, Florida
1764 Juan Jose Eligio de la Puente map shows house owned by Antonia de Avero.
1765 Moncrief map shows house owned by BMr. Kipp". No documents have been
found to support this claim.
1777-1784 Sometime during this period it became "a private oratory for the F
1784 Antonio Fernandez claimed it for Antonia de Avero's children.
1788 Mariano de la Rocque's map shows house in the custody of Antonio
Antonia de Avero's daughter gave permission to Eugenia de Hita y Salazar
to occupy the house!
1790 Governor Quesada's appraisal shows the house and lot as owned by the King
and occupied by Eugenia de Hita y Salazar
.'--- -0 1h- Kine sold at public auction. This