THE GONZALEZ HOUSE
Projected Maintenance Requirements
Subterranean termite treatment 450.00
Replacement of exterior vertical siding on kitchen area 900.00
24,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioner 40.00
Florida Pest Control Company's report states "subterranean
termitesare evident'T, estimated cost for treatment is
$450.00. Previous to treatment it is recommended that the
vertical siding be replaced on kitchen area exterior walls.
Also, we recommend that the new siding, when installed, be
kept approximately 6" from ground level preferably with a
concrete curb as a base. Most of the damage done to this
building is water damage (not termites). Estimated cost
of new siding is $900.00.
The windows on the restaurant section of the building were
replaced with new windows in 1971 and have been sealed,
caulked and painted twice each year since. They leak es-
pecially after a dry spell followed by a sudden cloudburst
accompanied by heavy winds. There is no problem of leakage
in a two or more day rainstorm. It is our assumption that
the windows shrink in dry weather. No recommendation on
solution except constant maintenance. (Some of the problem
Everything possible has been done by our maintenance depart-
ment to help the present tenant.
1. Painted complete kitchen area interior.
2. Repaired plaster.
3. Caulked and painted all rear windows and
4. Removed baseboard (his request) for
5. Replastered and repainted rest rooms.
6. Sealed tabby floors in rest rooms
(one each year).
7. Painted walls of restaurant.
8. Put hangers in cupboards for cups
(to pass health inspection).
9. Installed shelf around walls so raw
materials are kept off floor.
(To pass health inspection.)
10. Installed hood over stove with
automatic fire extinguishers.
11. Maintain all furniture (which belongs
to this Board).
12. Started schedule of insect control
in restaurant and attic.
FIVE YEAR OUTLOOK
New reverse cycle air conditioner --$750.00
Gonzalez House--Page two