NOTICE OF PROPOSED REGULATION
Date: February 27, 2007
REGULATION TITLE: REGULATION NO.:
Traffic & Parking; Miscellaneous Provisions 6C1-3.008
SUMMARY: The change reflects that employees of Shands and the J. Hillis Miller Health
Center may not use the Visitor Pay Parking facilities during the hours posted unless they are
patients at clinics or the hospital.
AUTHORITY: BOG Resolution dated January 7, 2003
COMMENTS CONCERNING THE PROPOSED REGULATION SHOULD BE
SUBMITTED WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE TO THE
CONTACT PERSON IDENTIFIED BELOW.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED REGULATION
IS: Rebecca J. Holt, Administrative Assistant, 123 Tigert Hall, Post Office Box 113125,
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, 352-392-1358 office, 352-392-4387 facsimile,
NAME OF PERSON WHO APPROVED THE PROPOSED REGULATION: Ed Poppell,
Vice President for Finance and Administration
THE FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED REGULATION IS ATTACHED TO THIS
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
6C1-3.008 Traffic & Parking; Miscellaneous Provisions.
(1) The President may authorize decals to be issued without charge when the University
receives a benefit at no direct cost to the University.
(2) Upon payment of the appropriate fee, retired members of the faculty and staff are
eligible to register and obtain the same parking privileges as if still employed by the University.
A retired member of the faculty and staff honored with "emeritus" status is issued an Official
Business decal without charge.
(3) Houseparents and maids, cooks, baby-sitters, etc., employed by private individuals
may register and purchase a decal for the appropriate area, upon payment of the fee contained in
(4) Students who are temporarily disabled may be eligible for a temporary Restricted
Area parking permit for up to thirty (30) days upon written request from a medical doctor.
(5) Visitors may utilize metered spaces and pay parking facilities, or may be issued
temporary visitor's permits by Transportation and Parking Services or attendants stationed at the
entrances to the central campus. Permits for longer periods may be requested from
Transportation and Parking Services. These permits authorize driving and parking in designated
(6) Visitors on official business and visitors with ministerial, charitable or public
service missions may be issued temporary permits valid for extended periods of time of a stated
duration authorizing parking in designated areas only.
(7) Construction workers employed by contractors for campus construction are issued
parking permits for parking on or as near the construction site as possible as determined by the
(8) Faculty, staff and students of Santa Fe Community College and other schools who
use University facilities, including the library, are treated in the same manner as University of
Florida faculty, staff and students.
(9) Special parking permits may be issued to outside agencies for use when making
official business trips to the University of Florida.
(10) The managers of the cafeterias and bookstores on campus may obtain Service Drive
Parking permits for their locations.
(11) Permits may not be used by the registrant or members of the registrant's family or
others to conduct personal business on campus and are subject to revocation if the special
privileges are abused.
(12) Permits may be obtained from Transportation and Parking Services to authorize
parking in service areas.
(13) Students, Staff and Faculty of the University of Florida, Shands Hospital, and any
other entities located at the J. HIllis Miller Health Center may not use the Visitor Pay Parking
Facilities at the J. Hillis Miller Health Center during the posted hours of operation unless being
treated as a patient of athe cGlinic or hHospital or unless visiting a patient in athe cGlinic or
(14) The University of Florida requires all University motor vehicles to have a current
safety inspection decal. To obtain the safety inspection decal, each University motor vehicle
must pass an annual safety inspection conducted by the University of Florida Motor Pool.
Specific Authority: BOG Resolution dated January 7, 2003.
History--New 9-29-75, Amended 8-15-78, 8-19-79, 8-4-80, 8-26-81, 8-12-82, Formerly
6C1-3.08, Amended 5-14-87, 4-27-88, 4-23-89, 4-17-90, 5-7-92, 5-19-93, 4-30-95, 5-1-96, 7-1-