To: WIAD members
From: Linda LaForest
Date: June 16, 1992
Re: Brief Update
- Two graduate students have been selected as the new WIAD
assistants. They are Natalie Lebon and Mark Swanson, both students
in the Anthropology department. Their jobs officially start August
24 with the beginning of fall semester. With the selection of two
assistants, this means that no additional WIAD assistantships will
be available for the 1992-93 school year.
- WIAD has a new, hopefully permanent, mail address. It is located
in the IFAS deans' office. Please address correspondence to:
2001 McCarty Hall
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611-0270
For on-campus mail, the address "WIAD, Box 110270" should be
- We may soon also have office space in IFAS. A specific request
has been made and awaits approval.
- Sandra and I have been working on a WIAD brochure. For the front
cover of the brochure, I would like to have a picture of a WIAD
member working with a woman or group of women in a development-type
activity. If you have such a photo, please send it to me, Box
110242, Food and Resource Economics.
- The graduate school has approved, with minor modifications, the
WIAD request for a graduate concentration in WID. It will be
effective this fall.