THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
GAINESVILLE. FLORIDA 32,11
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR Letter of Agreement
This Letter of Agreement, made on the /_ day of -, 1986,
by and between the University of Florida Libraries and Erich Kesse, will govern
the disposition of $15,000 from the University of Florida Foundation, Inc. for the
specific purpose of developing a preservation program for materials held by the
University of Florida Libraries.
1) Erich Kesse will attend the library preservation program organized by
Columbia University, New York between 4Ajst Ic' 1986 and
t-, 30 1987.
2) The University of Florida, through funds in the University of Florida
Foundation, Inc., will under write the tuition and board for this program
up to a total of $15,000, with one-half ($7,500) paid on August 16,
1986 and one-half ($7,500) paid on December 1, 1986.
3) Erich Kesse will provide two written reports regarding his progress in
the program, one on December 24, 1986 and one at the completion of
4) Erich Kesse, following the academic program, will return to the University
of Florida Libraries, and assume duties- as the Library Preservation
Officer within the Technical Services Division, or the successor admin-
istrative unit, for a period of not less than five years. The duties and
responsibilities of the Library Preservation Officer will be defined and
negotiated following the academic program.
5) The University Libraries will agree to grant Erich Kesse a Leave of
Absence for the academic program and will commit to reemploying him
on the same line upon his return.
Dale B. Canelas
Director of Libraries
ErhK J Lse
E JAL EMPLOYMENT OP-ORTUNI rTYAFF'AMA IVE ACTION EM:PL3_YER