Title: Nathan Bryan Hall (Old Law School)
ALL VOLUMES CITATION MAP IT! THUMBNAILS PAGE IMAGE ZOOMABLE
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00080395/00001
 Material Information
Title: Nathan Bryan Hall (Old Law School)
Physical Description: Image/Photograph
Creator: Kesse, Erich J., 1959-
 Subjects
Subjects / Keywords: Historic buildings
College buildings
Ephemera -- Florida   ( ltgm )
Artifacts -- Florida   ( aat )
Spatial Coverage: North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Alachua -- Gainesville
Florida
Coordinates: 29.6513581330389 x -82.3401761044762
 Notes
General Note: Bryan Hall opened in 1914 as the building for the College of Law. It was named for U.S. Senator Nathan P. Bryan, first chairman of the Florida Board of Control. The building was originally designed by architect William A. Edwards in Collegiate Gothic style. A major addition was designed by Guy Fulton, supervising architect, in 1949. Interesting features include plaques with reliefs bearing legal symbols such as the scale of justice. - Bryan Hall was added to the National Register in 1979. It is a part of the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a collection of buildings added to the National Register as an historic district in 1989.
Funding: Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
 Record Information
Bibliographic ID: UF00080395
Volume ID: VID00001
Source Institution: University of Florida
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
Resource Identifier: University of Florida building number 6

University of Florida Home Page
© 2004 - 2010 University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
All rights reserved.

Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement
Last updated October 10, 2010 - Version 2.9.9 - mvs