Title: Walker Hall
CITATION MAP IT! THUMBNAILS PAGE IMAGE ZOOMABLE
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00080383/00001
 Material Information
Title: Walker Hall
Physical Description: Image/Photograph
Creator: Kesse, Erich J., 1959-
 Subjects
Subjects / Keywords: Historic buildings
College buildings
Ephemera -- Florida   ( ltgm )
Artifacts -- Florida   ( aat )
Spatial Coverage: North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Alachua -- Gainesville
Florida
Coordinates: 29.6494530111402 x -82.3415491149658
 Notes
General Note: Walker Hall was designed by Rudolph Weaver and opened in 1927. Named for Major E. S. Walker, a civil engineering professor, this building was originally called the Mechanical and Engineering Building. Its former neighbor was Benton Hall, another Engineering building, which was destroyed in the 1960s. Walker Hall has had several additions. It is connected to Carleton Auditorium by a roofed passageway that also serves as a vending area. Walker Hall is part of the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a collection of buildings added to the National Register as an historic district in 1989.
Funding: Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
 Record Information
Bibliographic ID: UF00080383
Volume ID: VID00001
Source Institution: University of Florida
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
Resource Identifier: University of Florida building number 3

University of Florida Home Page
© 2004 - 2010 University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
All rights reserved.

Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement
Last updated October 10, 2010 - Version 2.9.9 - mvs