Title: Anderson Hall
ALL VOLUMES CITATION MAP IT! THUMBNAILS PAGE IMAGE ZOOMABLE
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00080314/00003
 Material Information
Title: Anderson Hall
Physical Description: Image/Photograph
Creator: Kesse, Erich J., 1959-
 Subjects
Subjects / Keywords: Historic buildings
College buildings
Ephemera -- Florida   ( ltgm )
Artifacts -- Florida   ( aat )
Spatial Coverage: North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Alachua -- Gainesville
Florida
Coordinates: 29.6515975513662 x -82.3418978141855
 Notes
General Note: When Anderson Hall opened in 1906 it was known as Language Hall. It originally housed classroom space and offices for humanities programs such as history, languages, classics, in addition to mathematics. The building was renamed in 1949 after Dr. James Nesbitt Anderson, originally of the faculty of the Florida Agricultural College, Lake City. Dr. Nesbitt, a professor of Greek and Latin, served as first Dean of the Graduate School as well as first Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. Anderson Hall was designed in Collegiate Gothic style by architect William A. Edwards. Anderson Hall was added to the National Register in 1979. It is a part of the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a collection of buildings added to the National Register as an historic district in 1989.
Funding: Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
 Record Information
Bibliographic ID: UF00080314
Volume ID: VID00003
Source Institution: University of Florida
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
Resource Identifier: University of Florida building number 7

University of Florida Home Page
© 2004 - 2010 University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
All rights reserved.

Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement
Last updated October 10, 2010 - Version 2.9.9 - mvs