G a.z ette.
:p u- I i-b)b Ib p 9; t i a r i t t.
VOL. LXXVII. ROSEAU, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9, 1954. No. 29
,GovernTent_;N$t e. ,
IT is hereby notified, for general information, that Thursday, 10th
June, 1954, being the day fixed for the observance, of the Birtlhday of Her
Most Gracious Majesty the Queen, His Honour the Administrator will
inspect a Guard of Honour, at the Botanic Gardens at 9.100 a.m.
Members of Councils. Heads of.Departments and their Officials, Heads
of Religious Denominations, Consius and Consular Agents, Meinbers of the
Roseau Town Council, Managers of the Local Banks and other leading
citizens, together with their wives aid families are invited to be present
with His Honour at the Saluting Base.
Ref. No. 772/53
27th May, 1954..
QUEEN'S BIRTH Y CELEBRATIONS
THURSDAY 10TH JUNE. 1954
DETAILS of procedure to be followed on the occasion of the Parade in
the Botanic Gardens to celebrate the Birthday of Her Majesty the Queen.
Composition of Parade,
Parade Commander ... Capt. C.M. Roberts, Assistant Superin-
tendent of Police.
(a) Police ... 1 Platoon (31 O.R's)
(b) Police ... 1 Platoon (31 O.R's)
(c) D,G.S. Cadet Corps ... 1 Platoon (31 O.R's)
(d) Ex-Servicemen i.. 1 Detachment
(e) Music Lovers' Band.
B. The Parade will form up outside Police Headquarters facing West at
8.15 a.m. and march off at 8.20 a.m. turning right into King George V
X Street and right through the BAtanic Gardens North Gate.
C Order of March.
32 72 Music Lovers' Band.
2 I 7 Police No. 1 Platoon.
S 47 / Police No. 2 Platoon.
144 OFFICIAL GAZETTE, WEDNESDAY, JONE 9, 1954
(Ex-Servicemen will form up in the Gardens and fall in on the
left flank facing inwards).
D, Forming Up.
The Parade will form up in open Order in the Botanic Gardens in
accordance with attached Sketch- plan.
Bayonets will be fixed and officers will draw swords.
E. Ceremony at Botanic Gat dens.
1. The flag staff will bear the Administrator's flag ready for breaking.
2. At 8.59 a m. His Honour The Administrator arrives at the Parade
Ground and is met by Lt. Col. B.B. Humfrey, Officer Commanding
Band plays fanfare as His Honour approaches the Saluting Base.
3 His Honour takes up position at the Saluting Base. Administrator's
flag broken. ': General Salute ".
4. His.Hansur inspects the Parade (Band plays during the inspection.)
Returns to Saluting Base
5. March Past in Column of Platoon Parade reforms line.
6. His Honour the Administrator's flag is lowered and the Royal
Standard is raised ready for breaking. -, o *b
7. His Honour tal es position 10 pes' tb the right of Sal citing Base oo
and facing it. "
8. Royal Salute ". (The Royal Standard is broke- simultaneously
and the whole of the National Anthem is played.)
All members of the Public will stand. o
9. The Parade will fire feu de joie ". _.
10. "Three Cheers for Her Majesty The Queen (called by for His CD
11. Royal Salute ". Royal Standard is lowered.
12. His Honoir returns to the Saluting Base. Administrator's flag is
13. General Salute "
14. His Honour leaves Parade Ground.
15. Parade (all units) march off.. Dismiss at Police Headquarters.
LIEUT. COLONEL B. B. IJUMFREY,
Officer Conmmunding Local Forte s.
D. K. BURTON,
Acting Government Secretary,
Printed at the BULLETIN OFFICs Roseau.- By Authority A
CD t V