December 19, 1979
TO: BILL ALLEE, Executive Assistant, Executive Department
FROM: TOM LUTER, Chief of Enforcement, Regulatory Division
RE: Inspection of QWIP Repaired Wells
Pursuant to our conversation this date the following information
regarding action to be taken if a QWIP repaired well is found in any
of the following conditions:
1. Well capped, or pump installed with well seal: No action well
in acceptable condition.
2. Well uncapped not flowing: Enforcement action in accordance with
Chapter 17-21 F.A.C.
3. Well uncapped flowing: Enforcement action in accordance with
Chapter 373 Florida Statues.
4. Well with pump installed no seal and flowing: Enforcement action
in accordance with Chapter 373 F.S., or Chapter 17-21 F.A.C.
5. Well with pump installed no seal and not flowing: Enforcement
action under Chapter 17-21 F.A.C.
Wells inventoried by QWIP; No action taken by QWIP. It is my under-
standing that this was simply an inventory, and not all wells required
some type repair. In excess of 500 wells were inventoried. To inspect
these wells at some interval would in essence be nothing more than
inspecting all wells constructed in the Basin or District on some routine
basis. This would be impractical based on manpower requirements alone.
Such an inspection program is not planned at this time.
cc: B. A. Vergara
L. M. Blain
J. E. Curren