I ( K)
January 18, 1983
TO: W. D. CourIe, Director, Resource Regulation Department
FROM: P. M. Dooris, Manager, Environmental Section
4 D. F. Richters, Water Resource Technician, Environmental Section
'rP R. D. Gant, Water Resource Technician, Environmental Section
RE: Attached Memorandum from L. M. Blain
In review of the attached memorandum from L. M. Blain, we recommend that
the following items replace items 1 through 4 of the Outline of Existing
Procedures for Lake Level Rule Adoption.
1. From an original list of "District" lakes meeting certain basic criteria,
lakes are selected for further study based on probable need for recommended
2. The necessary studies are conducted and the resulting recommended levels
are reviewed at the staff level for "in house use."
3. With guidance from the Governing Board and the various Basin Boards involved,
.a projected schedule for adopting lake levels is generated in'the form
of a quarterly report.
4. Approval by the Governing Board for the necessary public meetings (workshop
and hearing) along with the appointment of a hearing officer is then
requested. The Staff continues"to -keep the appropriate Basin Board informed
throughout the proceedings.
5. Notices of the public workshop and hearing along with the recommended levels
I are published in the Florida Administrative Weekly. Notices are also,sent
Sto all owners of record owning property on the lake or lakes involved.'
Notices are posted around the lakes and notices of meetings are published
in local newspapers. .
Items No. 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 listed on attached memorandum are correct and need
not be changed.
H -\ V