TO: SF-Environmental Efficiency Study Commission File
DATE: July 29, 1987
I attended the Orlando Area Planning and Zoning Officials meeting
with Bob Mandell and Marilyn Crotty.
Bob is considering resigning from the Commission if it appears
that staying on will be a detrement to him on the ERC.
After the meeting Bob and I visited for about an hour at the
Loudnes law firm.
We had a general discussion about various items and are in
general agreement on most areas.
I suggested that during his four years on ERC he should work
toward establishing a greater independence for ERC from the DER
staff and suggested the Commission should have its own attorney.
He may try to do this on an ad-hoc basis to start with.
I agreed to send him some material on the Sunshine Act and on
rules of procedure. I intend to put together the following:
1. The folder on the Sunshine Law.
2. A copy of Roberts Rules of Order.
3. Any other abbreviated rules of procedures.
4. A copy of the model rules.
5. A copy of DER's rules of procedure.
6. Any other pertinent information in our subject files
on the Sunshine Act.