SOUTHWEST FLORIDA WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (REGULATORY)
THE OPERATION BY THE CITY OF TAMPA )
OF WELL FIELD FACILITIES IN THE LOWER ) STIPULATION
HILLSBOROUGH FLOOD DETENTION AREA ) ^ -
IN HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, FLORIDA )
IT IS STIPULATED AND AGREED by and between the Southwest Florida
Water Management District (Regulatory), a public corporation of the State of
Florida, and the City of Tampa, a municipal corporation of the State of Florida,
1. That the Southwest Florida Water Management District (Regulatory),
hereinafter referred to as District, pursuant to Chapter 373, Florida Statutes,
and its rules, regulations and orders duly adopted thereunder, has the authority
and responsibility within its jurisdiction to determine the extent and manner in
which ground water may be withdrawn without being detrimental to the water
resources of the State of Florida.
2. That the City of Tampa, a municipal corporation of the State of
Florida, hereinafter referred to as City, proposes to operate a well field,
located in Sections 19, 20, 21, 28, 29 and 30, Township 27 South, Range 20
East, Hillsborough County, Florida, for the withdrawal of ground water on the
lands known as the Lower Hillsborough Flood Detention Area.
3. That the City, in order to properly plan, design, finance and con-
struct the facilities necessary to operate and utilize such well field requires
an evaluation and determination as to the volume of water to be anticipated
from said source. ...
4. That the lands described above, and the ground water withdrawn
therefrom, are within the boundaries of the District, and the withdrawal
therefrom is subject to the rules, regulations, authority and orders of the
District, pursuant to Chapter 373, Florida Statutes.
5. That there now exists the necessity for evaluating the withdrawal
of water from said well field, in order to obtain the most beneficial use of
the water resources of the State and to protect the public health, safety and welfare
and the interests of the water users affected.
6. That certain facilities are required in order that the District may complete
a proper evaluation of said well field prior to promulgating an Order relating to the
withdrawals of water from said well field.
7. That the District did, pursuant to a Stipulation dated October 11, 1972
by and between the District and the City, enter Order No. 72-3 on October II,
1972, dealing with said well field.
8. That there now exists the necessity for promulgating an Order super-
ceding Order No. 72-3 in order to expedite the evaluation and determination as
to the volume of water to be anticipated from said source.
9. That the City will construct, at its expense, the following:
(a) Eight (8) shallow wells to monitor the changes in the unconfined
water table aquifer.
(b) A minimum of three (3) observation wells located outside said well
field to monitor effects in the surrounding area.
(c) One (1) monitor well penetrating into the salt water fresh water
interface to monitor vertical changes.
(d) One (1) shallow well and one (1) deep well, both located near
the Hillsborough River, to monitor the effectiveness of the inter-
connection between said river and the aquifer.
10. That the plans and specifications for the facilities listed in paragraph 9
above shall be submitted to the District for approval prior to construction.
11. That a comprehensive pump test, designed and controlled by the Dis-
trict and the United States Geological Survey, shall be performed immediately
after installation of the shallow wells required by 9(a) above and two of the three
observation wells required by paragraph 9(b) above, and prior to design of said
12. That upon completion of the facilities and tests set forth herein above,
the District shall perform a more detailed evaluation of said well field in order to
determine what future actions and orders may be necessary.
13. That the parties hereto further agree that an Order adopting the pro-
visions of this Stipulation shall be entered by the District at its next regular
meeting after the date hereof, without the necessity of notice and public hearing
as provided for by Chapter 373, Florida Statutes, and the City does hereby
specifically waive such notice and public hearing, as provided for therein.
STIPULATED and AGREED this /3Y day of M-r-a 1973.
CITY OF TMPA
STATE O F OR DA
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA WATER
(REGULATORY), BY ITS BOARD
^Assistant Secretary X^ O e,