S s JAMES L. REDMAN
JOHN L. RYALS
ED BLACKBURN, JR.
STATE SENATORS JIM FOSTER
DAVID H. McCLAIN
LOUIS DE LA PARTE, JR. TERRELL SESSUMS
JULiANJ B. LANE PAUL W. DANAHY
RICHARD S. HODES
GUY W. SPICOLA
2 ELVIN L. MARTINEZ
THE HILLSBOROUG H COUNTY LEGISLATIVE DELEGATION
ROOM 214-H. COURT HOUSE TAMPA, FLORIDA 33602 TEL. 223-1311 EXT. 547
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TO: ALL INTERESTED PARTIES
FROM: HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY LEGISLATIVE DELEGATION
DATE: MARCH 1, 1974
LOCAL BILL WORK SESSION
The Hillsborough County Legislative Delegation is announcing
a work session on proposed local legislation which has been
submitted to this office for consideration at the 1974 Leg-
islative Session. This work session is to be held on:
Thursday, March 7, 1974
County Commission Board Room, Room 214-B
Hillsborough County Court House
Bills will be heard in the same order in which they appear on
the agenda, a copy of which is attached for your information
and use. Since a public hearing on these bills has already
been held, only those persons will be recognized to speak from
whom the Delegation wishes further clarification on subject
matter related to the above referenced proposed legislation.
The 1974 Regular Session of the Florida Legislature will con-
vene on Tuesday, April 2, 1974. Florida law requires that all
local or special laws be advertised one time in a newspaper of
general circulation in the affected area at least 30 days prior
to introduction in the Legislature. It is Delegation policy that
three copies of the proof of publication are to be filed in the
Delegation Office, Room 214-H, Hillsborough County Court House.
If you have any questions, please contact any member of the
Delegation or the Delegation Office.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY LEGISLATIVE DELEGATION
1 9 7 4
LOCAL BILL WORK SESSION
1:00 P.M.; Thursday, March 7, 1974
County Commission Board Room
Room 214-B, Court House
NO. SUBJECT SUBMITTED BY:
1. City Plant City, annex certain area;- Paul Buchman
2. empele-erfaee-eharte e-Amends eity-empff e-Terraee
Letter-ef- Intent. WITHDRAWN Mr -Wm--Nangester
** 3. Fire & Police Officers, City Tampa Firefighters Local
deferred pension rights after 20 yrs. 754
service. Frank Hamilton
** 4. Police & Firemen Pension Fund; deferred Tpa. City Council
pension rights after 20 yrs. service. Richard L. Cheney
** 5. Police & Firemen Pension Fund; deferred Bd. Trustees of
pension rights after 20 years service. Pension Fund for
Firefighters & Police
6. Police & Firemen Pension Fund, Deferred City Attorney
pension rights after 20 yrs. service; Henry Williams
admits 18 ve7ar olds; reorgan. of Bd.
7. City Tpa, Employees Pension Fund; City Attorney
increasing city's contribution; cost Henry Williams
of living increase.
8. City Tpa; Change office of City Clerk City Attorney
from elective to appointive. Henry Williams
9. City of Tampa; providing all construction City TamIa
comply with provisions of city codes; James 3. Palermo
authorizing inspection and enforcement.
10. Tpa. City Council; annexation with Tampa City Council
referendum. Letter of Intent. Richard L. Cheney
14. Hills. Co. Employees, insurance, remove Hills. Co. Employees'
limitation on amount and contribution Local #167
by Board of Co. Comm. David Thorpe
** Identical Bills
15. Hills, Co, employees, relating to the Hills. Co. Employees'
authority of the Board of County Commis- Local #167
sioners and the County Civil Service David Thorpe
Board in negotiations on compensation,
(15/1) A letter from Hills. Co. Civil
Service Board protesting this bill.
16. Hills. Co, Bd. of Adjustment; provide County Attorney
Bd. of Co. Comm. appoint Bd. of Adjustment. Woodie Liles
17. Hills. Co.; provide Bd. Co. Comm. may County Attorney
constitute itself as Bd. of Adjustment. Woodie Liles
18. Hills. Co,; Creation of road districts. County Attorney
19. Hills. Co.; Cret ion water management i County Attorney
districts, iij, p ..... T Woodie Liles
20. Hills, Co.; Creation water & sewer districts. County Attorney
21. Hills. Co.; Creation sanitary districts. County Attorney
22. P arks -ad-Ree--Bd -ef-ee -eemr-methed Hills--ee--Plan.
ef-Intent. WITHDRAWN 2-20-74 Keith-Waller
23. Division Children's Services; Div. Child. Ser.
clarify terms, increase advisory Dennis Ross
Bd. from 12 to 15 members.
24. Repeal of Pinellas Co.'s Eminent Domain Rep. Spicola
Provision for Water Sources in Hills. and
24.1 Repeal of Eminent Domain Provisions Rep. Spicola
for City of St. Petersburg for Water Sources
in Hills. and other counties.
25. Hills. Co.; prohibit any county other than Rep. Sessums
Hillsborough or any city not located in Hills.
Co. from exercising eminent domain in Hills.
26. Tpa. Sports Authority; amend 73-633 Tom Whitaker, Jr.
relating to ad valorem tax exemption on
(26/1) A letter from Sports Authority
27. Hills. Co. Avia. Auth., Beverage license Avia. Auth.
for Golf Course and Raquet Club Stewart C. Eggert
on authority property.
28. Aviation and Port Auth., amend Ch. 57-1387, Avia. & Port Auth.
employee group insurance, lift $2,000 life Stewart C. Eggert
limit. William E. Henson, Jr.
29. HWB, reduce from 3 yrs, to one year the HWB
period of time after which an uncollect- Ralph C. Dell
ible acc't. can be charged off.
30. HWB, extend millage levy for renovat- HWB
ing, not to exceed one mill, to Ralph C. Dell
September 3, 1975.
33. Hills. Co. Envir. Protection Comm. Hills. Co. Envir.
providing for inspections in the per- Protection Comm.
formance of duties of the Director Roger P. Stewart
relating to pollution control.
34. Hills. Co. Planning Comm., relating Sen. Lane
to override of recommendations of
35. Hills. Co. Plan. Comm,; Repeal override County Attorney
of Comm. by Co, Comm. & City Council; repeal Woodie Liles
provision, Re: provide Plan. Comm. re-
commendation have no binding effect upon
zoning authority of Co. or City.
36. Hills. Co. Planning Comm., providing League Women Voters
membership requirements; impact state-
ment; planning commission recommendations
on re-zoning petitions in relation to
professional staff's recommendation.
37. Tpa.-Hills. Co. Sanit. Study Comm., Tpa.-Hills. Co. Sanit.
resolution to create water & waste Study Comm.
water section in Hills. Co. Plan. Comm. Donald W. Rogers
38. Tpar-Hi is-eer-S aniT-St udy-eemm. pat-H3:4&1r-e.
request -fer-addictienal-tfime-t e-eentinuee Saenitv-Study-eemm.
study. WITHDRAWN Benald-W--Regers
39. Bran. Plan. & Zoning Auth., amend Bran. Plan. & Zoning
Ch- 72-564 to provide for collection Auth.
of fees; providing that no building Robert S. Edwards
or renovation can take place within
the Bran. area without a permit from the
42. Hills. Comm. College, providing for Rep. Martinez
professional negotiations for teachers.
43. HCTA professional negotiations for teachers; Bob Martinez
providing arbitration by an arbitration Bd.;
providing decisions of arbitrators on contract
interpretation shall be binding; providing for
44. B.P.I., provides collective bargaining Int. Broth. Fire-
guidelines for non-instructional employ- men and Oilers
ees of Hillsborough County Schools. Edward R. Draper
Edward R. Prata
45. U.S.F., amend 71-671, to provide for Rep. Foster
sale of beer for on the premises
consumption at locations to be
determined by the president of U.S.F.