October 7, 1969
WELL DRILLING ADVISORY COMMITTEE TO SWFWMD (R)
1. Name of this committee would be SWFWMD (R) Well Drilling Advisory
Committee. Its function is wholly advisory.
2. Membership would be limited to five well drilling contractors as desig-
nated by the Governing Board of SWFWMD (R). Of these, four must be
water-well drillers and the other a driller engaged in core-hole boring,
stratigraphic-test boring, or geophysical test boring. All must be
SWFWMD (R) registered drillers in good standing and reside within
SWFWMD (R) boundaries.
3. The president of the Florida Well Drillers Association, providing he is
a SWFWMD (R) registered driller, will automatically be one of the five
members of the committee. If he is not a resident of the District and
a registered well drilling contractor, then the Florida Well Drillers
Association may select from among their principal officers a qualified
driller in the president's stead.
4. The Governing Board, in selecting other members of the committee,
will choose from a list of names of ten qualified drillers. Of these ten
names, five may be submitted by the Florida Well Drillers Association
and the remaining five names will be chosen from the rolls of regis-
tered drillers by the SWFWMD (R). In making this selection, principal
emphasis by the Governing Board would be placed on getting proper geo-
graphic representation of the District from among men who are known
to be interested in furthering the proper development, use, and conser-
vation of our water resources.
5. Term of membership on the committee, except for the president of the
Florida Well Drillers Association (which would change with every newly
elected president), would be three years and would be staggered so that
a continuity of experienced members could be sustained. Details of the
staggered terms of membership can be worked out subsequently.
6. Meetings of the committee would be held at the call of the Board and
ordinarily will be held semiannually.
7. Members of the committee will be designated "Authorized Persons" and
ordinary travel and per diem expenses for up to three meetings per
year will be paid each committee member from available District funds.
8. Minutes of the meetings of the committee will be taken by the Hydrology
Division, SWFWMD (R). Copies of the minutes will be furnished each
committee member and the Governing Board of SWFWMD (R).