APPLICATION FOR PERMIT
Instructions for filing an Application for Permit to connect to, withdraw
water from, discharge water into, place construction within or otherwise
make use of works of the Southwest Florida Water Management District.
1. Complete the Application for Permit form, have your signature notarized.
2. Furnish a ten ($10.00) dollar check or money order payable to the
Southwest Florida Water Management District for fee coverage.
3. Prepare drawings in accordance with the following instructions:
(1) Drawings are to be submitted on letter size (8 1/2" x 11") paper,
or a size that can be folded to 8 1/2" x 11", such a 11" x 17"
or 17" x 22". Three copies of the drawing must be provided. If
8 1/2" x 11" size, one must be of black line type capable of being
photocopied. If larger than 8 1/2" x 11" drawings are used, one
must be the original drawing or a reproducible.
(2) Drawings should be to scale or properly and adequately dimensioned.
To be acceptable, a drawing or sketch will show a location plan
and a cross section or elevation.
(3) The location plan should locate the installation or construction
by referencing it to a section line, a road or some obvious and
(4) The plan and cross section or elevation should clearly portray
the construction in its relationship to the channel and/or
right-of-way. Certain elevations must be designated to faciliate
processing of the application. These are: Canal bottom elevation,
water surface elevation and ground elevation expressed in mean sea
level (m.s.l.). The elevation of the low member of a bridge span
must be shown. For overhead wire crossings and in the case of
water or gas lines, low member elevation must also be indicated
on the drawing.
Note: The permit will either be issued, denied or a time set for a public
hearing within forty five (45) days of receipt of a completed
application and supporting data.