Page 10, line 30, change (8) to read: Consolidation of water
quality and quantity functions drf delegation of Department
responsibilities to Districts should be encouraged to eliminate
duplication of permitting and to enhance the quality of environ-
/f\ I '* '
Page 5, insert after (4); (5) In implementing consumptive
use permitting programs, the Department and Districts shall
recognize the rights of property owners to make consumptive
uses of underlying ground water and of adjacent surface water
for reasonable-beneficial purposes consistent with Chapter
373, Florida Statutes.
SJ RECOMMENDED AMENDMENTS BY THE DEPARTMENT
1. Page l ine 3, change title to "General Water Polic and
". Standards Governing Water Management Rules".
2. Page 1, line 5, insert: (1) The waters of the state are among
its basic resources. Such waters should be managed to conserve
and protect natural resources and scenic beauty and to realize
the fullbeineficial use of the resource. Recognizing the
importance of water to the state, the Legislature passed the
Water Resources Act, Chapter 373, Florida Statutes.
3. Page 2, change line 10 to read: 17-40.03 Ceneral Water Policy
(Reserved to be adopted later): delete lines 11-30
i 4. Page 3, delete lines 1 through 27.
5./ Page 4, line 29, insert: (o) Whether the proposed use would
significantly induce salt water intrusion.
6." Page 4, line 30 change (o) to (p)
7. Page 5, insert after line 5, (4) Conservation of water
S|hshal'l be a requirement of each permit. unless not economically
/ : .....or environmentally feasible.
8.V Page 5, line 21 change to read: (b) The major costs, benefits,
and environmental impacts have been adequately determined
for both the supplying and receiving areas;
9. Page 6, line 21, change (1) The construction and operation
of facilities which manage or store surface waters, or other
facilities which drain, divert, impound, discharge into, or
otherwise impact waters in the State, and the improvements
served by such facilities, shall not be harmful to water
resources or inconsistent with the objectives of the Depart-
ment or District.
10. Page 7, line 14, change to read: (b) Whether the facilities
meet applicable design or performance standards;
11. Page 8, line 22, change (2) to read: (2) Established minimum
flow and levels shall be a consideration/relevant to:
12. Page 9, line 28, change to read: 17-40.10 Review and
13.y Page 10, line 6, change to read: (3) District rules
adopted after this Chapter takes effect shall be reviewed
by the Department for consistency with this Chapter.
14. Page 11, delete lines 1 and 2.