- Permanent Link:
- The El Principe de Gales brand, carried to Tampa from Havana for the Ybor cigar Factory.
- Ybor Vincent Martinez Cigar Factory, 1853 ( Manufacturer )
Cigar City Collection ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 cigar label ( 11 x 11 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Label ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact ) ( nmc )
Cigar industry ( lctgm )
Cigar label ( lctgm )
Ybor (Vincente Martinez) Cigar Factory (1901 N. 13th Street) ( lctgm )
Outer label ( lctgm )
El Principe de Gales ( lctgm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
- Outer label.
- General Note:
- When Vicente MartÃÂƒÂnez Ybor departed Spain for Cuba in 1832, the enterprising fourteen-year-old quickly became involved in the emerging cigar industry. By 1853, he had consolidated small workshop production of cigars into a large Havana factory. His early brand El Principe de Gales, remained his most popular brand of cigars throughout his manufacturing career which extended to Key West, New York City and Ybor City.
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: