- Permanent Link:
- A page from a proof book for Arguelles, Lopez, and Brothers Cigar Company.
- Arguelles, Lopez and Brothers Cigar Company, 1898 ( Manufacturer )
Cigar City Collection ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 cigar label ( 6 x 9 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Label ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact ) ( nmc )
Cigar industry ( lctgm )
Cigar labels ( lctgm )
Argulles, Lopez, and Brothers (545 Main Street) ( lctgm )
Proof books ( lctgm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
- Water was applied to the limestone and was absorbed by the etched sect-ions of the stone. When applied, printing ink for that color adhered only to the image on the stone. Damp paper from the proof book was then pressed to the stone and an image was produced in the color represented by that stone. The same process was repeated for each color in the design (as many as 13 colors were used), the lithographer carefully registering the same piece of paper on each separate stone. Each separate color used in the image required its own stone!
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or email@example.com to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: