- Permanent Link:
- Tobacco sorters in the Seidenbegr Cigar Factory warehouse.
- Cigar City Collection ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph ( 12 x 20 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Print, Photographic ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact ) ( nmc )
Seibenberg Cigar Factory (2205 20th Street) ( nmc )
Cigar industry ( lctgm )
Warehouses ( lctgm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
- The Tobacco sorter sorts tobacco leaves according to color and condition for use as cigar wrappers or binders: Selects leaves without obvious defects from bundle and lays them on booker bench (curved-top stand over which leaves are draped). Examines leaves for color variations, tears, tar spots, tight grain, and size under specifications. Places leaves not suitable for wrapper in separate pile. Folds wrapper leaves into bundles for stripping.
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or email@example.com to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: