- Permanent Link:
- A Later portrait of Emilio Pons.
- Cigar City Collection ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph ( 20 x 25 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Print, Photographic ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact ) ( nmc )
Pons, Emilio ( nmc )
Emilio Pons Cigar Factory (ne corner of 17th Street and 5th Avenue) ( nmc )
Cigar industry ( lctgm )
Activists ( lctgm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
"Emilio Pons, Sr., with Candido Ybor established the Emilio Pons Cigar Factory in 1889 on the north-east corner of 17th Street and 5th Avenue. This is the first factory of local origin inTampa.
Jose' Marti, the Cuban patriot, made his last speech in Tampa before the cigar workers of the Pons factory.
....Mr. Pons was a member of the City Council, and an intimate friend of V. M. Ybor."
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or email@example.com to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: