- Permanent Link:
- The Burgert Brothers Photography Studio in Ybor City located in the Sanchez and Haya Building owned by Walter Burgert.
- Burgert Brothers, 1898- ( Photographer )
Florida Photograph Collection ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph ( 25 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Print, Photographic ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact ) ( nmc )
Burgerts Studio (1502 East 7th Avenue) ( lctgm )
Sanchez and Haya Building (1501-1507 7th Avenue) ( lctgm )
Photographic studios ( lctgm )
Ybor City (Tampa, Fla.) ( lcsh )
Streets -- 7th Avenue ( lctgm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
- The Burgerts were a family of photographers who came to Florida late in the nineteenth century and established a
quite remarkable record in various phases of the photography business, primarily in the state. Three generations of Burgert photographers worked productively from around the 1870s until the 1960s. The Burgert brothers were six sons and one daughter-in-law of the original photographic progenitor of the family, Samuel Burgert.The brothers at various times took, sold or marketed supplies for hundreds of thousands of photographic images usually requested bycommercial clients, and in the process coincidentally documented the Tampa Bay region's development from the little more than a scrubby port village to a major urban center of international importance.
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or email@example.com to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: