- Permanent Link:
- Captain John Lisley's house in Fort Brooke.
- Florida Photograph Collection ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph ( 12 x 20 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Print, Photographic ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact ) ( nmc )
Lisley, John T. (407 East Street) ( lctgm )
Fort Brooke (Tampa, Fla.) ( lctgm )
Dwellings -- 407 East Street ( lctgm )
Streets -- East Street ( lctgm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
"Capt. John Lisley's home one block back of the court house. His land formerly blocked Madison Street for exactly 100 years and was the boundary linefor the Tavern of Fort Brooke (org.1887) and the city of Tampa until it was joined to the latter in 1907. Capt. Lisley was for 18 years Mayor of that town as he was in 1869 Mayor of Tampa."
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or email@example.com to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: