- Permanent Link:
- Cigar makers at work in the early Ybor Cigar Factory.
- Tony Pizzo Collection ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph ( 12 x 20 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Print, Photographic ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact ) ( nmc )
Ybor Cigar Factory (14th Street and 9th Avenue) ( nmc )
Cigar makers ( lctgm )
Cigar industry ( lctgm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
- Ybor looked to this area when labor troubles, fires and other calamities doomer the tobacco trade in Key West. He worked out a deal with the fledgling Tampa Board of Trade to buy up considerable land and then he and other cigar manufacturers came to town. Sanchez & Haya was the first factory to get into production, turning out the first stogie on April 26, 1886. But shortly afterward Ybor was open for business in the big brick building.
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or email@example.com to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: