Title: MacFarlane's addition to West Tampa, comprises 215 acres, subdivided in 1290 lots.
CITATION PAGE IMAGE ZOOMABLE
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/SF70000236/00001
 Material Information
Title: MacFarlane's addition to West Tampa, comprises 215 acres, subdivided in 1290 lots.
Physical Description: 1 page of newspaper ( 7 x 7 cm )
Creator: Tampa Times, 1893-1958 ( Printer )
Tony Pizzo Collection ( Contributor )
Publication Date: 1900
 Subjects
Subject: Newspaper ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact )   ( nmc )
MacFarlane, Hugh C.   ( nmc )
Leadership   ( lctgm )
Real estate development   ( lctgm )
Spatial Coverage: Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
 Notes
General Note: His was a life of achievements ' a great lawyer, pioneer land developer, public servant and a Tampa booster. Had the honor of serving as State's Attorney, Tampa City Attorney, Port Commissioner, and Supt. of Public Works. In 1892, converted 200 acres of an alligator infested wilderness into the City of West Tampa. Donated lands and buildings to cigar manufacturers, constructed the Fortune St. bride and a street-car line. In 1908, donated 40 acres for the creation of Macfarlane Park. Macfarlane had "the canniness of a Scot, the resourcefulness of an American and the genuine wit and wisdom of a Florida Cracker."
Funding: Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
 Record Information
Bibliographic ID: SF70000236
Volume ID: VID00001
Source Institution: University of South Florida
Holding Location: University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
Rights Management: All rights reserved. 2005.
Resource Identifier: P21-0240

University of Florida Home Page
© 2004 - 2010 University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
All rights reserved.

Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement
Last updated October 10, 2010 - - mvs