Title: West Tampa; and the O'Halloran Cigar Factory looking nothwest.
CITATION THUMBNAILS PAGE IMAGE ZOOMABLE
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/SF70000235/00001
 Material Information
Title: West Tampa; and the O'Halloran Cigar Factory looking nothwest.
Physical Description: 1 postcard ( 8 x 13 cm )
Creator: Tony Pizzo Collection ( Contributor )
Publication Date: 1900
 Subjects
Subjects / Keywords: Postcard ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact )   ( nmc )
Cigar industry   ( lctgm )
O’Halloran Cigar Company (Main Street)   ( lctgm )
Shotgun houses   ( lctgm )
Streets -- Main Street   ( lctgm )
Spatial Coverage: Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
 Notes
General Note: On June 1892 by Hugh C. Macfarlane brought the first industry to the community of West Tampa. First operated by A. Del Pino and Company, it failed financially. In 1894 the O'Halloran Cigar Company occupied the building. On May 18, 1895, a bill passed Florida's legislature creating the municipality of West Tampa. Its first mayor was Fernando Figueredo, a prominent figure in the Cuban revolution.
Funding: Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
 Record Information
Bibliographic ID: SF70000235
Volume ID: VID00001
Source Institution: University of South Florida
Holding Location: University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
Rights Management: All rights reserved. 2005.
Resource Identifier: P21-0239

University of Florida Home Page
© 2004 - 2010 University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
All rights reserved.

Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement
Last updated October 10, 2010 - Version 2.9.9 - mvs