Panama Canal Commissary, with personnel, showing the "silver" and "gold" entrances
Accession number 2002.092.001
- Panama Canal Commissary, with personnel, showing the "silver" and "gold" entrances
- Physical Description:
- Cornwell, Varney T. Jr. ( donor )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Panama Canal
- Spatial Coverage:
- Panama -- Central America -- Panama Canal Zone
- 12 X 10, mounted on cardboard.
- Group of men organized in front of the Commissary and dressed in formal attire. Shown is the entrance for those receiving silver and gold payroll. The laborers are separated according to what they receive, with West Indian workers extending from the left side of the photograph to the center and whites on the right.
- General Note:
- Item received on 11/27/2010
- General Note:
- Research and additional metadata (metadata is the citation information, including the alternate title, abstract, subject terms, abstract, added notes, and other item information) written and contributed in May 2014 by Reuben Jimenez for course: “Panama Silver, Asian Gold: Migration, Money, and the Making of the Modern Caribbean” (Spring 2014, taught by Leah Rosenberg at the University of Florida).
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- Panama Canal Museum Collection at the University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- This item is presumed to be in the public domain. The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions may require permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
- Resource Identifier:
- accession number - 2002.092.001
- System ID: