- Permanent Link:
- Energy Analysis Overview of the Mississippi Basin. Report to the Cousteau Society.
- Odum, Howard T.
Brown, Mark T.
- Center for Wetlands, University of Florida
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- Technical Reports
- An energy systems overview was developed for the Mississippi Basin of the United States. New methods of analysis were used to evaluate environmental bases of the economy and consider alternatives, trends, and policies. Solar EMERGY, a natural measure of value, was used to determine contributions of environmental work and human work to the economy on the same basis, namely the equivalent solar energy required. Contributions of each item to the economy were es timated using the percentage its solar EMERGY was of the total solar EMERGY of the system. This proportion of the economy was expressed in dollars and was called MACROECONOMIC VALUE to distinguish it from usual economic value, which is what people are willing to pay in a market.
- Collected for University of Florida's Institutional Repository by the UFIR Self-Submittal tool. Submitted by Sharlynn Sweeney.
- General Note:
- CFW Publication #87-1 Research Studies Conducted under Contract No . 125719060
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida Institutional Repository
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- Copyright Creator/Rights holder. Permission granted to University of Florida to digitize and display this item for non-profit research and educational purposes. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder.