- Permanent Link:
- IR@UF Primer: Introduction to the Institutional Repository and ETDs
- Shorey, Christy
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- Training Slides
- This presentation provides an introduction to the University of Florida's Institutional Repository (IR@UF), and looks specifically at Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs), ETD supplemental materials, and the restriction options that ETD authors have both within the IR@UF, and, for doctoral candidates, with UMI/ ProQuest.
- Collected for University of Florida's Institutional Repository by the UFIR Self-Submittal tool. Submitted by Christine Shorey.
- General Note:
- Presented to FOS 6915 on Sept. 6, 2018
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida Institutional Repository
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- Copyright Creator/Rights holder. Permission granted to University of Florida to digitize and display this item for non-profit research and educational purposes. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder.
IR@UF PrimerIntroduction to the Institutional Repository and ETDs
What is the IR@UF?The Institutional Repository at the University of Florida (IR@UF) is the digital archive for the intellectual output of the University of Florida community, and includes research, news, outreach, and educational materials. A place for an institution and its members to put their stuff for access and preservation .A place (IR@UF) for an institution (University of Florida) and its members (students, faculty staff) to put their stuff (research, news, outreach, educational materials, other intellectual output) for access and preservation .
Theses and DissertationsETD Supplemental MaterialsData and Datasets (standalone or with publications)Conference Materials (posters, presentations, papers, proceedings)Journal ArticlesBook ChaptersWhite PapersGrant Proposals
Basic GuidelinesFour criteria to determine if something belongs in the IR@UF Is the item complete ? Is it scholarly content ? Was it created by member(s) of the UF community? Do you retain the rights to post the material? I f you cant answer yes to all of the above, additional research may be required.
Usage StatisticsPermanenceSafe StorageCredibilityVisibilityFindability
IR@UF and ETDsOnce the editorial process is complete, all ETDs are validated and transferred by the Graduate School Editorial Office staff to the library for publication. Publication is within the IR@UF: http:// ufdc.ufl.edu/l/ufetd
IR@UF and ETDsSupplemental Materials &AppendicesSome materials that are important for your ETD do not fit in the regular ETD format. These can be loaded into the IR@UF prior to ETD submissions. You get a permanent URL you can reference in your thesis or dissertation. Great for large tables, videos, audio recordings, etc.
IR@UF and ETDs Restrictions: UF Publishing Agreement Submitted to department at time of defenseRequired for masters thesis or doctorial dissertationRestrictions are for IR@UF versionImmediate Release6 month, 1 year or 2 year campus restrictionoLimits access to UF IP rangesSecret for 2 years (great for patent seekers)Restriction extensions available term before restriction expires. ETDExtensions@uflib.ufl.edu
UMI = ProQuestSubmission required for doctorial dissertationSubmitted to Grad Editorial at or after defense *Two submission typesDoctoral Dissertations Publish Abstract Only AgreementDissertation / Masters Thesis Submission Form / UMI Publishing Agreement IR@UF and ETDs Restrictions: UMI Publishing Agreement* This process switched to online submission August 2018; process is still being finalized.
Restrictions on Dissertation Submission Form are applied AFTER restrictions from IR@UF expire.Immediate Release6 -month, 1 year or 2 year embargoIR@UF and ETDs Restrictions: UMI Publishing Agreement
Resources IRManager@uflib.ufl.edu ETDExtensions@uflib.ufl.edu http :// guides.uflib.ufl.edu/ufir http://ufdc.ufl.edu/ir http://bit.ly/IRUFVideo Christy Shorey (352) 2943785 email@example.com This slide show can be found in the IR@UF http :// ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00010086/00002