- Panama Canal Museum Collection: Digitization, metadata capture, outreach, and educational tool creation for a set of Panama and Canal-focused stereographs
- Physical Description:
- Mini grant application
- Fitzsimmons, Rebecca
- George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida
- Place of Publication:
- Gainesville, FL
- Publication Date:
- Mini grant application for a pilot project ($2,350) that will create an ongoing model for digitizing resources from the Panama Canal Museum Collection while leveraging the talents of an eager group of knowledgeable volunteers for record creation. The project will mirror the goals of an existing IMLS grant by focusing on digitization of materials that are the subject of a scheduled Canal Centennial physical and online exhibition, using PCM volunteers for collection work, and creating educational modules to promote outreach and wider use of the collection. The 200 stereographs selected for the project meet teaching and research needs of various UF faculty and 2014 exhibit requirements.
- Collected for University of Florida's Institutional Repository by the UFIR Self-Submittal tool. Submitted by Rebecca Fitzsimmons.
- Publication Status:
- General Note:
- Updated item on 7/8/2014 to add zipped file of all of the animated GIF images for this project to this item, in a zipped downloadable folder.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida Institutional Repository
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- All rights reserved by the submitter.
- System ID: