<%BANNER%>

UFIR



Scholarly Communications Working Group Meeting Minutes
ALL VOLUMES CITATION PDF VIEWER
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00001208/00014
 Material Information
Title: Scholarly Communications Working Group Meeting Minutes
Physical Description: Meeting Minutes
Creator: Fruin, Christine
Publisher: George A. Smathers Libraries
Place of Publication: Gainesville, FL
 Notes
Acquisition: Collected for University of Florida's Institutional Repository by the UFIR Self-Submittal tool. Submitted by Christine Fruin.
 Record Information
Source Institution: University of Florida Institutional Repository
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the submitter.
System ID: IR00001208:00014

Downloads

This item is only available as the following downloads:

November 2011 Meeting Minutes ( PDF )


Full Text

PAGE 1

SCWG Meeting Minutes November 14, 2011 Minutes this meeting: Rae In Attendance: Christine Ross, Isabel Silver, Jennifer Wondracek, Melody Royster, Stacy Ewing, Beth Auten, Dina Benson, Tara Cataldo, and Rae Jesano I. Review/Approve October Minutes Minutes approved II. Open Access Week 2011 a. Thoughts/comments/feedback There were 10 people/connections who viewed it live on the web Round table notetakers got their notes to Christine Banners didn’t go up o Barbara put in the Grovers, but they didn’t get put up. o Next year we need to ask for them to be put up sooner b. Suggestions for OAW 2012 Need to make sure information on OA week is given to the new faculty during their orientation. o There was information at the new faculty orientation this past fall Need to start telling people about OA week throughout the semester not just right before the event. o It was suggested that perhaps if we give out awards to people at the meeting perhaps more would attend. Get the liaisons involved by asking them to invite their departments o Have the SCWG write the invitations and ask the liaisons to send them out to their groups. o Have the liaisons bring one person from their departments Perhaps bringing in an outside speaker would increase our attendance. o Stuart Sieber from Harvard was recommended as a possibility. o I missed the name of someone else who is based here in Florida that Beth suggested. Someone to speak on open data or data repositories o Possibly Cecilia Botero, Michele Tennant, or Rolando Garcia-Milian Perhaps having a workshop on the Creative Commons and include more on Copyright and authors’ rights o Maybe have things like this throughout the year to keep it on people’s minds. o Christine is putting together an interactive workshop for faculty on authors rights, which she will teach this spring semester. o She is willing to take it to other such as the HSCL. Need to put something in the Alligator for Undergraduate students. Need to get the message out to people throughout the year, not just right before OA Week. III. IR Re-Naming (poll results to be shared) UFAIR is the winner. o It was the choice of the University Library Committee.

PAGE 2

o Gator is unsearchable because of all the Gator sports related sites o May look like unfair to some so we need to make sure that it can’t be mistaken for unfair in any publicity o Possible logos UF-Air Use a cloud in the logo UFOAP Survey Draft – please view the attached and bring your edits/suggestions (NOTE – the free account would not let me create more than 10 questions, so I paid for a one month upgrade in order to get this draft done – please let me know if we have an institutional account we can use beyond my 30 day subscription!) We do have a subscription o You need to submit a Grover The application form: o One of our speakers mentioned a problem with getting the UFOAP application back to the library. It is possible for the form to get lost in campus mail. Less of a chance now that there is only one address on the form. Could we add fax as a method to submit the form? o There is no need to create a new form or data management system at the back end. Funding for the pilot project will end at the end of the fiscal year. Need the information from the survey to justify continuing the fund. Also need to contact the recipients for testimonials for the final report. Perhaps we should also contact the recipient’s department chairs and ask them for their input on if they feel the fund is helping the faculty in their department publish. Need to answer the following questions: o Is the fund sustainable? o What is the success metric? o What are the bigger outcomes Maybe we need to use another term besides fund in the promotional materials People associate the term with fundraising projects. Perhaps change it to stipend, or assistance or support. Discussion of the survey and questions. o If you were denied, did you submit your article to a OA publication anyway? o Move the question “Did you find the application form easy to complete?” down further and add the open ended question, “If no, then why” o Add the question: Can we contact you for more information? Announcement of an acheivement: o The the LibGuides are now Creative Commons.