<%BANNER%>

UFIR



Scholarly Communications Working Group Meeting Minutes
ALL VOLUMES CITATION PDF VIEWER
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00001208/00012
 Material Information
Title: Scholarly Communications Working Group Meeting Minutes
Physical Description: Meeting Minutes
Creator: Fruin, Christine
Publisher: George A. Smathers Libraries
Place of Publication: Gainesville, FL
 Notes
Acquisition: Collected for University of Florida's Institutional Repository by the UFIR Self-Submittal tool. Submitted by Christine Fruin.
 Record Information
Source Institution: University of Florida Institutional Repository
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the submitter.
System ID: IR00001208:00012

Downloads

This item is only available as the following downloads:

September 2011 Meeting Minutes ( PDF )


Full Text

PAGE 1

SCWG Meeting SEPTEMBER 12, 2011 Attending: Isabel, Jenny, Beth, Christine, Melody, Tara I. Approve Minutes (08 08 11) II. Approve/revise Agenda III. Strategic Initiatives Reports a. Promotion of the IR: Christine. PR has gone out and Christine has already received about a dozen emails with multiple suggestions for a new name (most incorporating the word “gator”. 2 people indicated they hadn’t known about the IR until the contest. These will be submitted to the ULC. b. Promotion of the UFOAP and Mid Term Report: Isabel and Christine. Isabel has sent us the report. Judy will send to the deans. Most recipients had to be reminded to place their article in the IR and have now done so. We recognize that the humanities are not represented but need to explain this. We will also review the future of memberships: there is a Sept. 28 meeting with BioMed Central. c. Acquisitions and Cataloging: Steve Carrico contacted Tara and Isabel regarding the OA journals UF has access to We referred him back to Serials Solutions and asked for a report about the titles being added to the collection and the actual usage. d. Copyright Presentation for CITT: Christine. The presentation is done and we are waiting for the recording. e. Copyright initiatives. Christine. The copyright links from the UF Library’s webpages were out dated and Christine has submitted new drafts for revising. She is also updating policy and procedures on unblurring of blurred newspaper digitization projects and retrospective dissertation scanning. f. The Florida Scholarly Communications Interest Group: Christine. Going well. The group has submitted a panel presentation proposal on OA mandates to FLA. They are hoping to collaborate with Orange Grove on open textbook publishing. g. OA Policy: Isabel had sent out a draft OA mandate. Judy is taking this to the ULC. Judy and the senate president will be attending the Berlin 9 conference. Judy wants the push for this to come from the non library faculty. HSCL faculty had some questions and concerns about the wording and wondered if there was a way for the IR to harvest UF articles from PubMed Central so faculty do not have to submit twice. Tara suggested the mandate be brought to the LFA to get library faculty on board. A “FAQ” for faculty was recommended and the Committee was asked to submit questions that they receive from faculty and would like answered. h. OJS Update: Isabel. Waiting for confirmation from Barbara Wingo’s office, but other than that they are ready to go.

PAGE 2

i. Impact of OA journals: Rae. No report. IV. Update from Christine on OA and Copyright News: Christine. More schools are participating in orphan works projects like HathiTrust. Watching a Second Circuit case regarding foreign textbooks and the potential impact to libraries. Organizing Peter J. visit on Thursday. V. Open Access Week: Christine and Beth a. Publicity. Going out in a couple of weeks. Isabel passed out fliers. b. Roundtables. Isabel confirmed moderators. c. Poster Session: Christine d. Recording. Beth will send info to Misty to set up recording with AT Next meeting: second Monday of the month, October 10, 2011; minutes Stacey