<%BANNER%>

UFIR



Scholarly Communications Working Group Meeting Minutes
ALL VOLUMES CITATION PDF VIEWER
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00001208/00010
 Material Information
Title: Scholarly Communications Working Group Meeting Minutes
Physical Description: Meeting Minutes
Creator: Fruin, Christine
Publisher: George A. Smathers Libraries
Place of Publication: Gainesville, FL
 Notes
Acquisition: Collected for University of Florida's Institutional Repository by the UFIR Self-Submittal tool. Submitted by Christine Fruin.
 Record Information
Source Institution: University of Florida Institutional Repository
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the submitter.
System ID: IR00001208:00010

Downloads

This item is only available as the following downloads:

July 2011 Meeting Minutes ( PDF )


Full Text

PAGE 1

Scholarly Communications Working Group Meeting Minutes July 11, 2011 Attendees – Beth Auten, Dina Benson, Stacey Ewing, Christine Ross, Melody Royster, Isabel Silver, Laurie Taylor, Jennifer Wondracek Minutes this meeting: Beth I. Approved Minutes II. Approved/revised Agenda a. Beth taking minutes for this meeting, Dina will take them for the next meeting III. Strategic Initiatives Reports a. Promotion of the IR: Christine i. This is moving along ii. Goal is to get liaisons actively involved in promotion iii. Name change—Christine will draft a letter to faculty, encouraging them to suggest new names for the IR (and encourage their participation) b. Acquisitions and Cataloging: Tara (rescheduled for next month) c. Copyright Presentation for CITT: Christine i. Christine is considering tracking for future inquiries—she has gotten a lot so far ii. Tracking may include medium of contact, aspect of copyright, role of person, department, etc. iii. LibAnswers a possibility—it is used at Smathers and Marston to track reference questions for ARL stats iv. Peter McKay works with SpringShare products and would be a good source of information d. Copyright LibGuide i. Updating is in progress e. Intrastate Collaboration: Christine i. Christine has polled the volunteers for the Florida Scholarly Communications Interest Group to set up an initial teleconference ii. The first conference call will be Tuesday the 26th at 10:00 AM iii. Christine is in contact with the FLA president about possibly making it into an interest group through FLA f. OJS Update: Isabel i. Judy, Isabel, Laurie and Christine will meet next week about how to launch and promote OJS, and the process for handling inquiries. ii. Laurie stated that FCLA is involved in the setup process, but she and the appropriate liaison will be the contacts for the department. g. Impact of OA journals: Rae (rescheduled for next month) IV. Update from Christine on OA and Copyright News a. The Georgia State copyright case will probably not move ahead until the Fall V. Open Access Week: Christine and Beth a. Christine mentioned that Joe Baca is assisting with website for OA Week 2011—once the schedule is finalized, it will be posted

PAGE 2

b. Once the schedule is finalized, Beth will also post the details to the international OA Week website and the OAD events page c. Speaker Confirmations (15 min. each) i. Opening Remarks (Judy) 1. Isabel will confirm that Judy will briefly introduce ii. UFOAP recipients 1. Isabel sent a letter to UFOAP recipients to gauge their interest in presenting as a recipient and also in participating in a roundtable discussion, or both 2. Christine sent their responses to the group 3. Beth suggested Dr. Elder from the College of Nursing as a presenter, since it would encourage attendance/interest within the college iii. OJS Presentation 1. Laurie will work on organizing this. iv. Author’s Rights/Practical Advice (CMR) 1. Christine will work on this. v. Digital Humanities 1. Sophia Acord has submitted a title and description for her presentation. d. Poster Session: Christine i. Christine has an inventory of posters from the DLC, HSC, and ASO, and sent this out to the group. ii. Some posters may need to be updated—Rae wants to update the poster on Public Access iii. New posters? One on growth of open access, one on the OJS? iv. Posters may be displayed on easels and/or chairs 1. Beth will call the Reitz Union to see if easels will be available. 2. Easels from Law School? Jennifer will check. 3. Easels from Library West? 4. Easels from Marston? Melody will check. 5. Easels from HSCL? Beth will check, they may be in use for library services poster series. VI. Announcements/New Business? a. OA Fall Activities and the Library Instruction Library Liaison LibGuide i. Isabel briefly discussed contents of a new Staff Guide for liaisons, which will include information on VIVO, Open Access, the IR, etc. ii. Jennifer mentioned that the Alachua County Public Library contacted Elizabeth Outler about a copyright presentation next spring including Google Books case, etc.—Jennifer will be giving the presentation Next meeting: second Monday of the month, August 8, 2011; minutes Dina