<%BANNER%>

UFIR



Scholarly Communications Working Group Meeting Minutes
ALL VOLUMES CITATION PDF VIEWER
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00001208/00009
 Material Information
Title: Scholarly Communications Working Group Meeting Minutes
Physical Description: Meeting Minutes
Creator: Fruin, Christine
Publisher: George A. Smathers Libraries
Place of Publication: Gainesville, FL
 Notes
Acquisition: Collected for University of Florida's Institutional Repository by the UFIR Self-Submittal tool. Submitted by Christine Fruin.
 Record Information
Source Institution: University of Florida Institutional Repository
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the submitter.
System ID: IR00001208:00009

Downloads

This item is only available as the following downloads:

June 2011 Meeting Minutes ( PDF )


Full Text

PAGE 1

Scholarly Communications Working Group Meeting Minutes June 13, 2011 Attendees Isabel, Christine, Dina, Tara, Rae, Melody I. Approved minutes a. Amended no. 9 – Judy stated need for MOUs and Isabel is discussing with Laurie II. Round Robin on what OA means to you a. Melody i. Embraces OA. Mission ii. IR iii. Working on OA article b. Tara i. Interest in OA from the collection stand point c. Rae i. Started with scholarly communication original task force ii. Interested in public access d. Dina i. "Mega OA" ii. Access for all e. Jenny i. Gov doc standpoint f. Isabel i. OA helps to counter privatization of information ii. Interested in administrative promotion of OA and policy development g. Christine i. Interested, especially in Copyright aspects III. Christine will now give 5 minute news update at beginning of each meeting a. Twitter account or working group lib guide if you want daily updates b. Christine's blog c. News i. Intech publisher a. Dropped from the Open Access Publisher's Association (OASPA) b. Actively seeking authors c. UF will not currently fund projects with them ii. GA State case closing arguments last Wed. a. Article on law.com that interviewed some of the attorneys b. Asking for injunction c. Wants to limit access to 1976 classroom guidelines iii. Medical publishers recently posted very restrictive ILL guidelines iv. SPARC recently introduced an Open access Journal Publishing Resource Index IV. Strategic Initiatives Reports a. IR promotion i. Isabel will call a meeting ii. Law school has signed a contract to create a bepress IR

PAGE 2

b. Acquisitions and Cataloging i. Make sure all journals that we have funded are in our catalog a. Missing: a. 1 hybrid journal b. 2 Intech ebooks b. Christine will proceed to add these to the collection c. Copyright presentations i. CITT workshop: 6 modules ii. Copyright Libguide iii. Seeking to present a 10 minute Fall Workshop at faculty meetings iv. To develop 30 40 minute special presentation for invitations to dept meetings d. Campus policy/ mandate i. Current focus on OA week and that should help spread the word e. Intrastate collaboration i. Isabel sending invitation to select universities and colleges [done!] ii. Presentation to CSUL PSPC committee to include mention f. OJS: Moving forward [presently considering next steps] V. OA week a. Topics i. Welcoming Remarks: Judy ii. OA movement Christine iii. Help with Article Processing Fees: UFOAP a. OA process b. "I published in an OA journal" iv. Copyright and OA: Christine v. Digital Humanities Sophia vi. OJS? b. Posters i. Need inventory of what we already have a. Dina and Tara ii. Impact factor poster Tara and Rae iii. Free Culture – Stacey? c. Round Tables Priorities i. Copyright Christine ii. IR & digital scholarship Dina iii. UF OA policy Isabel iv. Future of UFOAP – Tara [mid point evaluation to be reported] v. Open Peer Review Sophia vi. Graduate Student Engagement/ Right to Research Coalition – Melody (see Stacey—Free Culture Student Group?) vii. Public Access/regulations (NIH& FRPAA) Rae viii. Technical aspects a. Prewritten Qs to get started b. Identify and involve Library liaisons as participants and note takers d. Publicity i. DDD letter ii. Posters in library

PAGE 3

iii. Article in the alligator iv. Provost's faculty newsletter v. Marquees? vi. Libraries webpage vii. MyUFL webpage viii. QR codes ix. Banner x. Buttons? Gators were a big hit xi. T shirts for task force? Left over from last year