This item is only available as the following downloads:
WHERE THE BUCK STOPS
TYPES OF POWER IN ORGANIZATIONS
PUBLIC SPEAKING WORKSHOP
JUNE 21, 2010
Artistry, Choice, and Leadership
for Academic Librarians
* Human Resources
Knowledge is power.
Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.
Nothing unmasks a man like his use of
Use power to curb power.
and absolute power corrupts
TYPES OF POWER
*Control of rewards
*Information and expertise
*Alliances and networks
*Access and control of agendas
*Control of meaning and symbols
Control of Rewards
Jobs, Money, Political Support, etc.
Constrain, Block, Interfere, Punish
Know-how, Problem Solving
Trust, Track Record
Charisma, Energy, Vision, etc.
and Control of Agendas
Seat at the Table
Control of M
meaning and Symbols
Identity, Beliefs, Values
1. This hero fought apartheid through soccer
2. Trust levels low for deficit reduction commission
3. Officials demand improved BP efforts
4. UK celebrates queen's birthday with pomp
5. Spirit pilots' strike strands thousands
6. Slovakia coalition fights for survival
7. Gannon's history is Gainesville's history
8. Piano festival at UF draws diverse players
9. Calls going out to fire FCAT firm
1. This hero fought apartheid through soccer-Personal
2. Trust levels low for deficit reduction commission-Reputation
3. Officials demand improved BP efforts-Posillon
4. UK celebrates queen's birthday with pomp-Control ol Symbols
5. Spirit pilots' strike strands thousands-Coerdve
6. Slovakia coalition fights for survival-Alllances/Networks
7. Gannon's history is Gainesville's history-Inlormatlon/Expertlse
8. Piano festival at UF draws diverse players-Control of agendas
9. Calls going out to fire FCAT firm-Control of rewards
Thanks for your participation!