Law Enforcement Office
Special Agent/Wildlife Inspector
651 Federal Drive, Suite 372-12
Guaynabo, PR 00965
Phone: 787/749 4338
Fax: 787/749 4340
Special Agent Assistance may also be
obtained from the District Office
located in Miami, FL. Contact the
Phone: 305/526 2789
Fax: 305/526 2695
Geographic Area Served:
Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
* One Special Agent (vacant).
* One Wildlife Inspector.
* Activities related to fish and
wildlife resources by U.S. citizens
generate over $100 billion/year to
the American economy.
* INTERPOL states the "black-
market" international trade in
wildlife is second in value only to
* The U.S. Fish and Wildlife
Service employs about 220
Special Agents and 100 Wildlife
Inspectors nationwide to enforce
U.S. conservation laws.
* To inform citizens of Federal laws
and regulations relating to the
protection of fish, wildlife and
* Enforce Federal conservation
statutes, protect domestic and
foreign wildlife species that enter
into interstate and international
* Uncover major commercial
activity involving illegal trade of
protected wildlife and wildlife
* Enhance legitimate use and
enjoyment of all our wildlife
* Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
* Bald & Golden Eagle Protection
* Migratory Bird Hunting and
Conservation Stamp Act.
* National Wildlife Refuge System
* Airborne Hunting Act.
* Endangered Species Act.
* Lacey Act.
* Marine Mammal Protection Act.
* Archaeological Resource
* African Elephant
* Wild Exotic Bird
* Antarctic Conservation Act.
* Conservation Recreation Act.
(The statutes are found in Title 16
United States Code and the regulations
promulgated thereunder in Title 50
Code of Federal Regulations.)
Criminal Investigations Program
* Special Agents investigate a wide
range of wildlife-related crime
including !!iiiiL.-. ii,-.
* Unlawful trade in national and
global wildlife resources.
* Illegal interstate and
international transportation of
fish, wildlife, or plants (including
fish or wildlife injurious to
* Instances of harm to or the
killing of' ,i m, r'. 1 ,i i i:, i i.
species and mortality due to
* Additionally, agents provide
support for protection of national
wildlife refuge resources and
enforce migratory game bird