UFDC Home  


DLOC UCF



The Presidential Palace & Parque de Zayas
Guide to the Bryant Slides Collection, 1940-1981 ( Guide to the Collection )
CITATION PAGE IMAGE ZOOMABLE
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/CA01200479/00001
 Material Information
Title: The Presidential Palace & Parque de Zayas
Uniform Title: The Bryant Slides Collection
The Bryant Slides Collection, Cuba
Physical Description: 35 mm
Creator: Unknown ( Photographer )
Maruri, Carlos ( Architect )
Belau, Paul ( Architect )
Publication Date: circa 1950-1960
 Subjects
Subjects / Keywords: Palacio Presidencial (Museo de la Revolución)
Presidential Palace (Museum of the Revolution)
Architecture -- Cuba
Street Scenes -- Cuba -- Havana
Cuba -- Description and travel
Havana (Cuba) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
Historic buildings -- Cuba -- Havana
Historic sites -- Cuba -- Havana
Zayas y Alfonso, Alfredo, Pres. Cuba -- 1861-1934
Gomez, Maximo, 1836-1905 -- Monuments -- Cuba -- Havana
Statues -- Cuba -- Havana
Parks -- Cuba -- Havana
Genre: Transparencies
Spatial Coverage: Cuba -- Caribbean region -- Havana
 Notes
General Note: The slides were taken on collecting trips sponsored by the William L. Bryant Foundation, where books, music and art indigenous to the regions were gathered. The are organized by geographical location.
General Note: The Presidential Palace & Parque de Zayas located in the Old Havana section. The palace was inaugurated in 1920 by President Mario García Menocal and housed all presidents until the victory of the Cuban Revolution. After the revolution its name was changed to el Museo de la Revolución. The park was constructed in honor of Alfredo Zayas y Alfonso, who served as President of Cuba from 1921 to 1925. He was Cuba's forth president.
General Note: The former Presidential Palace was designed by the Cuban architect Carlos Maruri and the Belgian architect Paul Belau and was inaugurated in 1920 by President Mario García Menocal. It remained the Presidential Palace until 1959. The building has Neo-Classical elements, and was decorated by Tiffany & Co. of New York.
 Record Information
Source Institution: University of Central Florida Libraries ( SOBEK page | external link )
Holding Location: University of Central Florida ( SOBEK page | external link )
Rights Management: All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Special Collections & University Archives, University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, FL 32816 phone (407) 823-2576, email: speccoll@mail.ucf.edu
Resource Identifier: CFM1972_01a
Sheet 85: 13
System ID: CA01200479:00001

  Home | About dLOC | Collections | Governance | Digitization | Outreach | Contact  
  Powered by SobekCM
Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement  
©2012, All rights reserved